- The Global Engineering Deans Council (GEDC) herein called the “Organizers”has established the GEDC Airbus Award for Diversity in Engineering Education, herein called the “Award” with the support of Airbus, the global leader in aeronautics, space and related services, and herein called the “Partner”.
- The Award will be granted to a “Project” represented by an individual or an individual representing a team herein called the“Project Representative”.
- The combined documentation required from a Project Representative to be considered for the Award is referred to as the “Application”.
- The Organizers will appoint an Award Committee and a Jury to make an assessment of Applications and to draw up a shortlist, to select the finalists and the eventual Award recipient.
- For details of selection criteria, application process and prizes, please refer to the Application Information available on the organizers’ website www.gedcouncil.org/gedcairbusdiversityaward and on the partner’s website www.airbusgroup.com/diversityaward
- The Organizers have the right to withhold the Award if they feel the entries are not of sufficient merit.
- No responsibility will be taken by the Organizers, or their Partner, for delayed, lost or damaged Applications. Applications are non-returnable and any supporting documents should be copies not originals.
Purpose of the Award
- The GEDC Airbus Award for Diversity in Engineering Education has been established to recognize successful projects which have brought more diversity into the engineering student and graduate body.
- The closing date for the organizers to receive Applications is 12 noon GMT Monday 10 July 2017. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Address for Applications
- All Applications must be submitted online at https://gedcairbusdiversityaward.com/application/ or sent by email to email@example.com. Sending does not confirm receipt. All Applications must include a completed Application Form.
- By sending an Application, the Project Representative confirms that s/he (on behalf of a team, when a team is mentioned in the Application Form) accepts these Terms and Conditions and furthermore, the Project Representative declares that:
- a) S/he is entitled to publish the material contained in the Application and is wholly responsible for the material submitted.
- b) The material within the Application does not contain any confidential information.
- c) The Project described in the Application has not previously been recognized at an international level.
- d) The material contained in the Application is current and accurate. References are included where required.
- Applications which are found to not correspond with the above declaration may be withdrawn by the Organizer at their discretion.
Property Rights, Intellectual Property Rights and Rights of Usage
- Documents submitted by Project Representatives do not pass into the property of the Organizers. All intellectual property rights remain with the Project Representatives.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Project Representatives herewith grant the Organizers and their Partner for the Award, a non-exclusive right to use the submitted information for promotion purposes.
- The Project Representatives explicitly permit the Organizers to take photos or film in the context of the Award. They grant the Organizers, without limitation and free of charge, the worldwide right of any usage, including but not limited to the rights of storage, duplication and distribution, of any photographs or film – printed or in digital form – related to such publications and announcements of the Award in print media publications, advertisements, online and in other format that the Organizers choose. This includes the Organizers’ right to sub-license such rights of use to the Organizers’ Partner in the Award, as well as to media agencies for the purpose of publications and announcements of the Award.
- The Project Representatives representing projects which are selected as finalists agree to take part and assist with promotional activities to support the Award for this and future Awards.
Links to Third Party Websites
- This website may contain links to third-party websites (“external links“). These websites are subject to the liability of their respective operators. The provider has reviewed the third-party content for possible legal violations at the time the external link was first created. No legal violations were apparent at that time. The provider has no influence on the current and future design and content of the linked sites. The creation of external links does not signify that the provider endorses or agrees with the content of the linked or referenced contents. In the absence of definitive indications of legal violations, the provider cannot reasonably be expected to perform continuous monitoring of external links. Should legal violations be brought to the provider’s attention, however, it will immediately delete such external links.
Claims and Disputes
- The Organizers’ decision shall be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any dispute will be decided according to the national law of the host country of the Organizers.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
- The Organizers reserve the right in their sole discretion to modify, add, change, or delete portions of these Terms and Conditions at any time without advanced notice to Project Representatives. Changes will indicate the date on which the Terms and Conditions were revised.
- Project Representatives who have presented an Application prior to the change will be informed, and will have the opportunity to withdraw their Application, or to accept the revised Terms and Conditions.
- Airbus S.A.S. collects your personal data as listed in the online registration form on https://gedcairbusdiversityaward.com/application/ the purpose of organizing the management of the participants in the GEDC Airbus Diversity Award. The collection and processing are handled by Airbus S.A.S. in accordance with the Law No. 78-17 of 6th of January 1978 concerning Information Systems, Files and Freedom. Modified by law of 6th August 2004 concerning the protection of Personal Data and the European Directive 95/46/EC (the “Directive 95/46/EC “) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals regarding the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data. Your personal data is collected for the needs of Airbus S.A.S. services and departments in charge of the processing of such data and may be communicated to companies of the Airbus Group, its affiliates/subsidiaries and Airbus S.A.S. contractors in order to fulfill the purpose defined above. To protect your personal data, Airbus S.A.S. is working with three partners based in countries ensuring an adequate level of protection, namely, Petrus Communications and Nimbus, both located in Europe, and Mailchimp which is in compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield. This Airbus web site may send small text files called “cookies” which are stored on your computer, and that can be read by the web server to ease your internet browsing and to customize it. You are free to accept or decline them. Since, web browsers usually automatically accept cookies you should, if you wish, configure your web browser to decline cookies. Note that if you decline cookies, you may not be able to access the full interactive features of Airbus S.A.S. websites and services. Please fill in the online form carefully (Information identified with a star (*) are mandatory for the purpose defined above). You may object to such collection of your personal data for legitimate reasons. In such cases, Airbus S.A.S. will not be able to take into account your registration for this competition. Pursuant to the local law mentioned above and the Directive 95/46/EC you are entitled to a right of access to, modification and deletion of, your personal data. To this effect, please contact Airbus S.A.S. in writing either by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address: Airbus Operations SAS, Data Protection Officer, 316 route de Bayonne, M67, 3°Etage, W333, BPI M67 25, 31060 Toulouse Cedex 9 – France, enclosing a document evidencing your identity, and expressly indicating the right you want to exercise.
23. If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, you can contact us at email@example.com.